Let me start off by saying I a don’t wear makeup that often…maybe for a special occasion or if I am going out and I feel like applying it. So I will be discussing beauty and hair products in general.
1. What’s your favorite drug store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product? Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream, I love this stuff! I have been using it since 2007 and it has not failed me yet. Prior to turning 30, I really had flawless skin and used this cream to just to moisturize. However, I am now experience adult acne….grrrrrrr. The hydrating cream is really fading my acne scarring I have around my jaw line…for me it has been life saver as long as I use it consistently.
I have never tried any high end beauty products, however if money were not an issue I would love to try Creme de la Mer mosturing creme. However at $135 for 1oz, I do not foresee this purchase anytime in the near future. Unless…I hit powerball =)
2. Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can’t live without?
Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Anastasia Brow Powder for my eyebrows. The brow powder alone has staying power. However if you want to ensure your hard work doesn’t “disappear”, apply the Shadow Insurance to your brows prior to filling them in. I was huge fan of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer but my brows weren’t even making it 8 hours and the shape of that bottle drove me crazy!
3. What’s the best hair product you’ve ever used?
I am a hair product junkie, if you guys could see under my bathroom sink! Makes no sense, lol. I have everything…and when my friends need something they always come to me before they go buy anything. I don’t have any hair product that has been a rockstar standout for me. When I was getting relaxers I wold have to say Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in Cream was a fave of mines. I used this product daily and it didn’t weigh my hair down and the smell is delicious!
4. Fess up, what’s the worst beauty look you’ve tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame or apprehension that you actually did that?
This is a funny story, like I said before I am not a makeup wearer so this is a hair story. I use to wear sew-in extensions all the time. I would braid my hair and my ex- husband would do the sewing…we were a great team, lol.
I decided I wanted to try a new hair color…something similar to the reddish brown Tyra Banks was rocking. Well, at the time we were living in Dubai and I was limited on resources, but I did discover a BSS near out apartment and they had everything I needed. The game plan was to bleach the extensions…which I had done a hundred times before with no problems, they came out perfect. Next I was going to bleach my hair, but only the part that I was leaving out the cover the tracks everything blended.
Smh, let me just say hair bleach is no joke. And instead of lifting my hair one or two levels like I intended…the front of my hair turned out platinum blonde! I wish you guys could have seen my ex-husbands face when he came come home and saw my hair. This was my first and last experiment with hair bleach on my own hair. I dyed my hair black the same night, and swore off hair color forever. My hair did eventually end up breaking off from the bleach even though I pay extra attention to. Lesson learned no hair bleach for me ever!
5. When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flare and personality?
I am definitely the fresh face type, so I like anything that allows me to care for my skin and keep that look. I am currently using Nubian Heritage African Black Soap and my Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream to maintain that look.
Friend Friday was started by Katy of Modly Chic. Wanna join the fun? Check out Modly Chic for more details. Hope to see you join the discussion, membership is open to all beauty and fashion blogger’s!