I’m sharing #Tide in my life as part of a Tide sponsored series for Socialstars™

Treat Your Clothes with Care

I’ve become extra protective of my clothing lately due to many of my favorite stores and brands filing for bankruptcy.  Since the emergence of “fast fashion” or “value fashion” it’s even more important that I care for my classic clothing pieces as some items are irreplaceable. I would have never assumed that stores I’ve shopped at for my entire adult life would no longer exist.

I’m that type of person that falls in love with each and every piece of clothing I buy.  Which means I’ve collected hundreds of clothing items that I adore.   However, in the past due to improper care, several of my faves have been lost.  I can’t tell you the countless clothing items I’ve ruined because I didn’t take the time to read the care tags.

Grandma Knows Best

I should have known better than to treat my clothing carelessly. My grandmother was very meticulous with her laundry routine (as with everything).  As a kid, I spent many Saturdays scrubbing dirty socks, line drying sheets, and ironing pillow cases.  I haven’t taken my laundry routine to these extremes but I have implemented many of my grandma’s techniques to make sure my clothes remain beautiful.

Use a Great Laundry Detergent – My grandmother was a die-hard fan of Tide laundry detergent.  We were forbidden from using any other brand in our house.  Back then she kept a huge 5lb bucket of the “soap powder” in our laundry room.  She’d be pleased to know that her beloved Tide soap powder has transformed into 4-in-1 laundry pacs.  Tide Pods clean, brighten, fight stains and protect your clothes with every wash. No more linger clumps of soap powder left in the washing machine.

Use a Great Fabric Softener – Using fabric softener was a must!  I can’t remember a time that our laundry didn’t smell like a fresh meadow. Tide PODS® Plus Downy laundry detergent pacs offer the Tide clean you, love, now with Downy Fabric Protect.  What’s better than washing and conditioning your clothing in one step.

Use a Mesh Bag to Wash Bras – My unmentionables never get tangled or hooked onto my clothes when I wash.  I place my bras inside a small mesh bag that keeps them safe while they are cleaned.  My mesh lingerie bag has extended the life of all my bras.

Hang Dry Delicate Clothing – Surprisingly enough many of my clothes have been ruined in the dryer and not the wash.  I’ve shrunk countless shirts and dresses.  Destroyed several bras and panties.  Not to mention ruined pleated skirts and dresses.  Never ever tumble dry your pleated skirts or dresses.  Allow them to hand dry so the pleats remain intact.  Also, tumble dry your jeans about 80% and allow the remaining 20% to air dry.  Trust me the denim doesn’t shrink as much with this method.

Read Your Care Tags – Lastly, read your labels.  Even if you think you know how to care for a piece of clothing read the label anyway.  On several occasions I’ve “thought” I knew how to properly wash an item only for it to end up destroyed.

Like all household products, keep Tide Pods out of reach of children.

Comments are closed.

Pin It