Cardigan – TJ Maxx
Tank – Target
Jeans – Express
Shoes – Dolce Vita via Ross
Bracelet – Forever 21
Ring – won via Infashion Rehab
1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed? I will admit that in the beginning I struggled. I was worried about just putting myself out there and how I would be perceived. I had already started making changes to be a better me before I started blogging…mentally and physically. I was going through a major change in my life. I think by starting my blog it was me completely accepting myself and I was finally becoming the fantastic person I always knew I was but never had the confidence to be.
2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway? Of course I am, who isn’t. Everyone has there own issues with their body, sometimes I get tired of the curvy-ness (I just made that word up). That usual comes with frustration from clothes not fitting like I want them to. However, I don’t pick myself apart…so no I don’t go out of my way to bring up what I find wrong with myself.
3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image? It can only get better! I love that there are soooooo many regular people like me…the mom/wife, the teacher, the business professional, and the student that take the time to share a little bit of themselves with everyone. These individuals are just as beautiful and stylish as any fashion model or celebrity. For me body image is moving in a positive direction, it may seem slow at times but we are getting there.
4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you’re having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision? I sure do! At first I didn’t like taking my own photos but I grew into it. When I do have someone take a pic for my blog, I feel like I over direct the situation, lol. I usually don’t like the pics because the angle is wrong, I wasn’t standing in the right spot, or I get shy because I am use to doing it myself….it’s too much. Most times if I don’t post a pic it’s because I made some type of crazy face or the outfit just didn’t photograph well. The image I am seeing is not being translated they way I want my readers to see it.
5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart?
Remember you are uniquely you and that within its self is special!
Friend Friday was started by Katy of Modly Chic. Wanna join the fun? Check out Modly Chic for more details. Hope to see you join the discussion, membership is open to all beauty and fashion blogger’s!