1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? I usually choose my outfits according to my mood and where I am going, which is usually work. Sometimes I plan them around a particular piece I want to wear. My hairstyle can also determine what I will wear as well, but that’s usually for going out or vacations.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? I change my mind too much and shop too much to pre-plan pass two days. You ladies know how it is when you buy something new, lol. I usually try to have a general idea of what I want to wear the night before work. On the weekends I just keep it simple and casual. Kudos to anyone that can plan out their outfits that far in advance. I also think this is why I haven’t participated in any 30 day remix challenges yet either. I can’t commit! Lol.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don’t repeat?
I would have to say my blog is really the best tool for tracking outfits. I do have my favorite items that I like to wear over and over. I am working on that now, I tend to always grab my favorite instead of working my way through all my clothes. I am also very guilty of buy something new instead of trying to put together an outfit, smh.
4. How do you discover new combination’s of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?) Most of my remixes happen by chance or through me trying on different things. I also solicit help from my friends when I get stuck or draw a complete blank. I am trying to get better at putting all my clothes in rotation and remixing everything.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? Lol, this is funny to me because I don’t think there is anything I can do to cut down on my time. I do need to get better at keeping all my clothes in my closet instead of on the floor on on my bed but that’s probably another topic. I could probably get better at selecting my outfits in the early evening instead of right before bed.
Friend Friday was started by Katy of Modly Chic. Wanna join the fun? Check out Modly Chic for more details. Hope to see you join the discussion, membership is open to all beauty and fashion blogger’s!